Saturday 18 August 2012

Hirosaki Vegetation

I don't normally devote a BLOG entry to the plants of one area, but for two reasons I have decided to at this stage. Number one is the surprise I felt at the incredible number of apple tree orchards, including many very close to the home we were being hosted in. Number two is the home landscaping place we visited on a drive back from the mountains near Hirosaki. It had one of the most amazing selection of bonsai I have seen and an incredible selection of rocks for sale including many with bonsai growing on them. Yes, everyone knows I have rocks in my head. Actually, no that's not it, our host Okano-san says that this summer is hotter than ever and here I am back in Ibaraki trying to catch up on our BLOG with my brain doing a meltdown from the heat.

Click on Hirosaki Plants to see photographs on Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment